Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Las Tortugas Deli Mexicana



If you are unfortunate enough to find yourself in Germantown, TN, I recommend mitigating the lameness with a visit to Las Tortugas Deli Mexicana.

The owner is from Mexico City, and this delicious restaurant prides itself on serving fresh, authentic feasts. The choices are served in either a giant sandwich (Tortuga) or in about 5 mini tacos. I chose pork & pineapple in the Tortuga. It was filled with mild cheese, fresh avocado, fresh tomatoes, etc. Mmmmm, NOM NOM NOM.

Despite the large size of the feast, I did not experience the urge to disgorge myself * that typically follows a queso-and-grease-drenched feast from a typical Mexican restaurant. I like to imagine that the Deli Mexicana is fairly healthy. The ingredients were flavorful. I will be back.

So, brave the horrendous Poplar traffic, congestion, and video-camera traffic lights (right to confront your accuser? Ha, suburbs recognize that the Constitution is so quaint!) and go to the Deli. The feast will be eaten so fast that Germantown will not have sufficient time to extract your soul.

* This may also be attributed to the fact that I typically drink anywhere from three to five 22-ounce draught Dos Equis Ambers.

3 comments:

  1. Ok so I know this one is about Mexican, but I had to share this grilled cheese recipe with you. I've been wanting to make it but haven't had the time. It's so nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh... why did it think my name was "Evidence." Your site is odd.

    ReplyDelete